In response to the coronavirus, Tuff Turf Molebusters has implemented new safety protocols:
- The Tuff Turf Molebusters office is currently closed to visitors, clients, and technicians.
- Tuff Turf has suspended all in-person meetings and training and is using Zoom instead.
- Tuff Turf has suspended our usual attendance policy.
- Employees with a fever, flu like symptoms, or who are feeling sick need to stay home.
- If an employee or an employee’s family member living at home has been exposed to Covid-19, the employee needs to notify the office immediately. At that time, the employee will start a 14-day quarantine.
- Employees are to take their own temperature at home each morning and fill out the survey at https://covid19symptomchecker.spectrumhealth.org, take a screen shot of the results, and email them to info@TuffTurfMolebusters.com prior to starting work.
- Employee’s clothing, including shirts, pants, sweatshirts should be washed every day. Covid-19 clings to clothing and can live on them for days at a time.
- Employees should wash hands frequently and thoroughly with soap or hand sanitizer.
- Practice social distancing by remaining at least 6’ away.
- Employees start times have been staggered to limit exposure to others.
- Employees will wipe down all the commonly touched surfaces of their work vehicles, including keys, steering wheels, door handles, door frame, dashboard, controls, etc., with disinfectant in the morning and afternoon. All trash must be removed from vehicles each day. This includes bottles or cans.
- When using a gas station bathroom, employees should sanitize and wash hands for 20 seconds prior to using the bathroom, and after leaving the bathroom. Employees are encouraged to wear a mask and gloves.
- Hand sanitizer must be used after using the keypads for the gate or gas tanks.
- Limit face to face client interaction and conduct any necessary at a safe distance. Any recommendations technicians have for the lawn should be sent to the office and the office will notify the customer.
- Only one person per work vehicle.
- Employees will suspend the usual practice of knocking on clients’ doors.
- Employees will suspend the usual practice of leaving invoices and flyers at a customer’s home.
- It is highly recommended to employees that any drinks and food should be brought from their own home each day to limit exposure to restaurants and gas stations.
- Technicians will not use the time clock and instead use a Google sheet to log hours worked.
- Technicians will leave any paperwork in their vehicles.
- Office staff will use disposable gloves and/or hand sanitizer before they take paper off the printer that has to go to a technician. Office staff will put anything printed in the tech’s vehicle.
- Anyone helping an employee that needs assistance, like to lift a heavy object, will wear masks, and immediately wash hands when done.
Day 3 of Stay Home Stay Safe. With an empty office you would think I would be bouncing off the walls.
Jim was interviewed on Wood Radio’s Talk of the Town on 4/7/19. Click on the link below to hear the interview.
A BIG thank you to all who contributed to our first ever toy drive. Tuff Turf Molebusters collected new toys for a wonderful local organization named Christmas4Fosters who distributes them to children awaiting placement in a foster home so they can receive a gift at Christmas. Merry Christmas!
Kevin Frank from MSU has a good description of the burnt tire tracks that can appear on hot days. Click here to read the article.
Tuff Turf Molebusters is looking for both a full time and a seasonal mole man (or woman). The seasonal position is a great opportunity for a college student that can work a few days a week now, then full time in mid May. The full time position would start immediately. We do not work on Sundays. Be one of the proud drivers of a mole mobile. Get paid while you get in shape and enjoy our great and not so great Michigan Weather. While mosquitoes may travel at the speed of 1 mph, our mole & mosquito gurus walk over 10 miles a day. The pay is $15.00 per hour, plus bonuses that could add another $3.00/hr. We start at 7:30 in the morning and work until the route is done. We try to set up our routes to be completed by 5:00. Some days are longer and some days are shorter. We require a clean driving record and we perform drug screens and criminal background checks. An android based smart phone with data and texting is preferred, but we can work around an iPhone. We pride ourselves on having a great reputation and only hiring good people. We can train how to become a mole and mosquito assassin. There are 3 tests given by the state that will need to be passed in order to become certified. We have the study manuals, you need to provide the brain power.
Come and visit us this weekend at the West Michigan Home and Garden Show. Click here for show hours.
What was Nissan thinking when they made the cube? It looks a lot better with some color and a mole on the roof!
The move has begun. It is kind of sad since in the mid 1980’s I helped build our current barn as a teenager. When Tuff Turf started in 1994, I rented the space and I helped build an addition to accommodate my one vehicle. It was not until 1999 that I purchased the house and barn and had the luxury of living where I worked. Now that we are clearing out the shop, I realize I have worked out of the same building for over 30 years! I also am coming to the realization that I now have to drive to work again, and I have accumulated a lot of junk!